Blog

Sculpture in the Hills last weekend


Well, last weekend was the Sculpture in the Hills show and sale in Hill City, SD. After last year's showing, I have to admit that I set up with zero expectations of selling anything. Not that I didn't have a good show!  I met lots of new people, shook a lot of hands, and talked to a lot of possible clients.  Not to mention making new sculpting friends, Valerie Schafer, Jeff Schaezle, Grahame Atkinson , and the incomperable Wayne Salge, just to name a few, but, no sales.

This weekend was different. Not only did I sell 5 pieces of sculpture, but got to know several more great artists, Becky Grismer, Adam Schultz, and Lorri Acott, just to name a few!  I feel like I am name dropping!  And then to top off the weekend I won Peoples Choice! My feet still haven't hit the ground.

I have to tell you though, the best part of the weekend was the 11 or 12 year old boy who came by my booth to talk to me.  Later, on his way out, he came back by to tell me that my work was his favorite. He was so sincere and serious about it that it made me cry.

I will see you in Hill City again next year for sure.

Read More


Plover Prints and Pip


Plover Prints

Plover Prints is completed in metal and now available.  Pip and her brother, Peep, with Dad (Papa) hanging out at the nest on the beach. Conservation of piping plovers depends on us all working together and this piece represents Jim's hope for that. 

 

This piece is being delivered to our galleries as I type, so please check it out at Coco Vivo in Charleston and Boothbay Harbor, True North Gallery in Kennebunkport, and Salty Dog Gallery in Southwest Harbor, Maine.

Read More